Digital technology is here to stay. Unlike previously, orthodontic options today include the ability to make significant changes to people’s smiles without the need for unsightly metal braces and wires. Computer generated poly-carbonate sequential aligners (firm plastic sheaths) are fitted on your teeth teeth and changed every two weeks until the desired result is achieved. No more unsightly wires, food traps and difficulty cleaning your teeth.
See below for more information
Unlike traditional orthodontic treatment that involves the use of unsightly metal braces, Invisalign uses a series of virtually invisible aligners that are custom designed to shape your smile. Each aligner is pre-programmed to exert a certain amount of pressure on teeth to straighten your smile.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign has revolutionised the way we straighten smiles
- Invisalign is the treatment of choice when it comes to orthodontic care that won’t obstruct your smile or your way of life. Many of our patients have benefited from achieving beautifully straight teeth without needing to sacrifice their appearance. This is because Invisalign:
- Uses virtually invisible transparent aligner trays that are custom-made to your smile. They are barely noticeable when worn!
- Is completely removable so you can enjoy that special occasion without worrying about your smile and maintain your oral hygiene as you normally would!
- Is much more comfortable than traditional orthodontics as it does not use brackets or wires that are known to cause discomfort and pain.
- Is very lifestyle-friendly as there are no lengthy or uncomfortable tightening visits required – just visit our office for a check-up and to receive your new set of aligners every few weeks!
- Is suitable for patients of all ages.
- Generally requires a shorter treatment time (around 9-12 months).
- Is a conservative option to veneers or crowns on the front teeth for minimally invasive dentistry
- Provides a great way to conduct pre-restorative orthodontics so we can align the teeth then place other treatments such as veneers.
- Invisalign is a computerised custom-designed treatment tailored specifically to your needs.
- Advanced technology has meant that we can illustrate the kind of results you can achieve with Invisalign before you even commence treatment.
With proper wear users of Invisalign can experience amazing results in the same time frame as traditional braces.